Monday, September 13, 2010

Lille

Friday 11th September 2010
Gare Lille Flanders(Sunday 12th September)

We arrived in Lille during the Friday afternoon rush after 27 hours in planes, trains and taxis. First thing to do was go for a walk to beat the jet lag. But it is always a lost cause for me because I never manage to sleep on long flights. And jet lag makes you so stupid, I found myself looking at French writing thinking that I had forgotten how to read (yes Sue they are speaking a different language;and then trying to remember which country we were in, juggling how to say please and thank you in French/Dutch/German; failing to pick the right language, resorting to hand gestures (I'm fluent in those!). Aack weak effort. Even the signs in the hotel looked a little odd to me...

Emergency Evaculation Sign, Hotel Up (Lille, France)
Nice hotel, super quiet, comfy bed, but their English is as good as my French :)

No comments: